24 March 2012

A Battle Between The Heart and The Brain

Have mercy on me, my dear, for I forgot my smile today.

The ache within me is painful, but I wanted to see your face.

May the cure be your voice, to hear you from afar "love, hey."

As ever, this just is not my day, you can tell from my display.

Indeed, love is a hard game that only a few can play.

Around the heart is a fortress, like a string, your picture is in place.

But today was not my day, the brain refused what the heart wanted to say.

Didn't even listen to the heart, shame is on me as rain.

Naïve was the blame, forgive me, I'm sorry I was lame.

It's not over yet, after one day, I will be your prey.

You will hold me, love me, and I will kiss your eyes, in your arms I will pray.

Exalted You are my God, Lord of the worlds, I don't know what to do.

Sacrificing love for eternity in heaven sounds to amaze.

Indeed, love is a puzzle, and I am lost in a maze.

Nights I can't sleep thinking about you, and I think about you even more than days.

But you see, the heart chose, that we touch so close, it's time for you to make my day.

I will say hey, today, next to you I'll stay.

But when the heart wants to say, the brain rejects and stays away.

The body aches, I feel the pain.

Deep within me, fountains of flame.

Burning love, a doctor's claim.

And the cure, the heart to blame,

for loving you, your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment